Sunday, March 5, 2017

ROUTINES YES - PATTERNS NO

Good Morning all - it's Sunday.  Don't dread tomorrow.  You still have an entire day.  Wait - maybe it's me I'm talking about.  I think I'm just tired today but here I am.  Can't sleep anymore.  My day has begun.  Soon to walk the baby and soon to go to a meditation for me.  I try and go at least once a month.  I don't know what happened to February.  Always such a short month.  I get distracted like everyone else.  Other things and events come up.  I am also like everyone else in that I do the best I can.  We all do.

Meditation is a commitment I made to myself.  Sometimes it's hard to keep those promises we make to ourselves.  We won't be as disappointed as if it were for someone else, however if we want to really change something then we need to make a concerted effort.  Today's quote, "There is a difference between routines and patterns - keep old routines - throw out old patterns."  Routines are getting up, having coffee, walking the dog.  You know.  Those mundane everyday things we do without a thought attached.

Patterns are completely different.  Patterns are going out with the "same" guy, working at the "same" job, having the "same" conversations with family members that get you upset.  Patterns are things we repeat that are bad for us.  That don't allow for change but rather bring us back to the same old us.  They never allow for growth.  It's literally doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.  Never works. 

I understand that it is difficult to break old patterns.  Our bodies and minds are used to doing things a certain way.  Finding those same people who treat us not the way we want to be treated but since it is familiar we go back.  That could not just be relationships but jobs as well.  It takes strength to see those old patterns too.  It is the hope that eventually you do see these patterns and work hard to break them.  If we don't then that same person will just keep coming back to our lives over and over again.

If you don't want the same life, break those old patterns.  Come out of your comfort zone and see what it is that you need to change.  Is it your reaction?  Is it your mind set?  So many things but have faith that it can be done.  All that I talk about takes work and if you are willing to work, you can do anything.  First on your agenda should be breaking those old patterns.  The ones that no longer serve you and probably never did.  The first task is to recognize them.  Next comes the work.  I know you can do it!  I'll even start with myself.  I will NOT dread Monday.  It's only Sunday!  Enjoy every minute and have a wonderful day!~love, Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment