Monday, March 6, 2017

KEEPING IT REAL

Good Morning on this Monday.  Freezing now but warming up later!  I should have been a weatherman!  No need to look outside, just open up my blog!  A busy week?  An exciting week?  Anything going on or just a regular week.  Be surprised.  You never know what could happen.

Tonight I have my Guided Meditation class which always makes me happy.  Yesterday I went to a class for myself.  The wonderful Redding Meditation Center in Redding, CT.  I love that place.  It is situated in the woods so when I look out while I am meditating I can see all kinds of different birds.  It is just beautiful and of course, peaceful.  It is especially nice going before I have my own class.  Not just relaxing but mind clearing - the most important.

This to me is so important.  For me to help others I cannot just pretend to do this.  I need to for everyone else but mostly for myself.  Today's quote, "Keep it real but mostly keep it real for yourself."  I was never actually sure what that meant.  Now I do.  Simply means be honest but most importantly, be honest with yourself.  I have no problem using myself as the example.

Meditating which you all know is dear to me and what I love is so important to me.  I will be very honest right now.  When I started I could never imagine just sitting and meditating.  It was very strange to think I could really accomplish it.  And I mean for even 5 minutes.  Yes!  Crazy right?  "I can't just sit." I thought.  But I could.  Not only could I but I craved it. 

Do you remember how I challenged myself in December by going to an all day Meditation retreat?  I thought I could never do that either but I did.  Not only did I but I found that it was wonderful.  How could I tell people the importance of meditating if I didn't practice it myself?  Pretty hypocritical don't you think?  You can't tell people what to do if you don't do it yourself.  That's the keeping it real part.  And so whatever it is you do keep it real for yourself. 

You are the only one who will know but you will feel better if you do!  Have a wonderful Monday everyone!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment