Sunday, May 21, 2017

ABILITIES CAPABILITIES AND LIMITS

Good Morning!  Ah Sunday!  Several teenage boys sleeping in my basement and some upstairs.  They won't be seeing the light of day for some time.  BUT - here I am bright and early as usual.  I can't sleep late for days in a row.  I'm up, refreshed and ready to go!  Today I am going to a Sound Bowl Meditation.  I've been before and have spoken about it.  You meditate to sounds.  Each sound resonating within you.  It is soothing, healing and simply magnificent.

I love meditation.  Certainly that is one thing you all know about me but more importantly, I know that about myself.  Having been to this particular meditation before I know that I love it.  I know that I can "get there" and I know that because this meditation is in the late morning, I will be able to do the other things I want to today.

Today's quote, "We all have our abilities, capabilities and limits - know your three."  I can't stress how important that is for everyone.  Who knows us better than ourselves?  When people ask you to do them a favor and you can't, say no!  If someone wants you to do something that you just don't want to do, then again say no.  But we don't.  We feel bad.  We don't want anyone else to feel bad and so we do that favor with resentment.

Better not to do it at all.  If you do something with resentment you are not putting in the proper effort anyway.  There will always be someone out there trying to push your limits.  The only person doing that should be you.  Do what it is that you want to the best of your ability.  Know what it is you can and cannot do.  Set limits for yourself.  Don't let anyone place these things upon you.  How could I meditate if someone says to me, "You have to do this?"

But when someone says, "You would really love this but do it when you are ready."  That is what I always say.  You cannot push someone into something they are not ready for and that is where you yourself have to know when you are able, when you can and when it is out of reach.  Love yourself and when you do you will know yourself completely!  Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment