Monday, May 22, 2017

EMPHASIZE THE PRESENT - NOT THE PAST

Good Morning!  Wasn't it just the weekend?  You blink your eyes and it's gone.  Good thing another one will always be there!  I did have a really nice one.  I hope you all did too.  Yesterday was a fantastic day for me.  I went to a wonderful Sound Bowl Meditation.  Interestingly I felt very fidgety for quite some time during the meditation and at one point I got a tickle in my throat.  All of a sudden I felt like I disappeared and then came back.  When it was over I felt strangely energized!

That's what meditation does.  Sometimes you are ready for a nice long nap and sometimes you are rockin and rollin!  That was me yesterday.  I came home like a Whirling Dervish doing laundry, straightening things out and when that was done, my husband and I went to the Bridge over the Hudson for a lovely afternoon. 

Of course I could have stayed home and taken Mia on another long, long walk and sat around reading the paper but on a nice day I thought, let's do something different.  Tired of the same Sunday.  Today's quote, "Place more emphasis on what you are going to do - not what you already did."  It's time for me to make big changes in my life.  All three of my children will be in college in the Fall.  It will be very strange I can assure you. 

I'm not one of those holding on to sentimentality because they need to go.  They need to go for themselves and they are so ready.  I can't be sad and maudlin over what for them is a wonderful thing but I can miss the noise that will be in my house, the morning hellos and even the good night kisses that I still get.  It's time for me to move on too. 

As a parent many reminisce about the good old sports days and how they wish they could go back.  You can't go back.  You can only go forward.  How are you going to live your life now?  What are you going to do to change the present.  Living only in the past is a dangerous thing.  It prevents you from living today.  It prevents you from your full potential.  Look fondly on what was but don't pine for something that can never be. 

Everyone moves on.  Think about how wonderful it is to have time to pursue what you always wanted to do and one day you will proudly surprise yourself at all you are capable of!  Have a wonderful Monday everyone!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment