Tuesday, May 9, 2017

FIRST COMES WHAT YOU NEED - THEN WHAT YOU WANT

Good Morning All!  How are we on this second day of the work week?  I had two very odd coincidences yesterday.  I have two friends whose dogs both passed yesterday.  Understandably they were both a mess.  A dog is not just a dog.  A dog is a family member just like a child.  As much as I love dogs I never wanted one.  Mia found her way into our home.  Once here she found her way into our family and hearts.  We even have nicknames for her and call her "the baby."  These other dogs were old but worse they were sick and only hanging on because they loved their owners as much as their owners loved them.

Today's quote, "Getting what you want comes after the Universe gives you exactly what you need."  The Universe for my friends was not about giving them sadness but giving them the knowledge that they were loved unconditionally by their furry family member.  Not to minimize the pain of losing a pet but perhaps they will get another family dog or none at all.  One friend has small children who might want another dog and another friend is busy trying to move and perhaps it will be easier for her now. 

Remember, these pets were very sick and it was time for them to let go of their physical bodies.  That is the only way one could look at death.  As a passing and a necessary step if one is so ill one cannot be happy or comfortable or pain free.  We have to look at the Universe as giving these loved pets what they needed.  A loving home and the freedom to lose the suffering they were experiencing.  Yes, the Universe looks out for our pets as well.

Whatever it is as humans that we want comes in steps.  If you want to be a principal of a school, very rarely do you graduate college and viola!  You are a 22 year old principal.  No.  There are steps you need to take to get you to where you want to be because on your journey you don't know who you will meet.  We all want something.  Think about what it is that you want and how much closer you are to being there today than even yesterday. 

I have been watching with pleasure the growth of my own Reiki and Guided Meditation classes.  I was at a place giving Guided Meditation classes that in hindsight was run by the most unspiritual person.  I can honestly say, she was awful.  But I stayed.  I persisted and I met some wonderful people in the process.  I needed to be in that place even if I was stressed while there.

Ironic!  Stressed as a teacher of Guided Meditation.  The point is that it was a step closer to where I needed to be so the Universe placed me there and truthfully, I have time.  I have no plans of going anywhere and the Universe knows that.  Know that the Universe will always have your best interest at heart.  It is the ultimate support system even if at the moment it does not feel that way.  Unlike Mick Jagger who said you don't always get what you want but you get what you need, you will get what you want - just after it is that you get what you need!  Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone!~Love, Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment