Monday, May 15, 2017

CREATING YOUR OWN RULES

Good Morning all on this Monday, the day after Mother's Day.  I hope you didn't miss me too much yesterday as I took a day off from my blog.  I thought yesterday was self explanatory.  To wish your mom a happy Mother's Day and to let her know how much you love her!  My college boy called me without a reminder from his dad which to me is wonderful and my twins each bought me a dozen roses!  I did the girl thing with my daughter  - went for manies and pedies.  Later in the afternoon I took a nice walk with my other son, took photos of butterflies and got caught in the rain! 

I saw an interesting movie yesterday about 4 child monks.  Very interesting.  When you think of all the "stuff" our kids have and still want more to these children who eat once a day and actually say a prayer against greed and want.  And...they were happy!  Aside from praying they also played and were happy in each other's company.  The reason these kids were taken into this monastery was because their parents had died and they were in training for the monastic life.  Instead of looking at it as these poor kids, they were taken care of.  It is just a completely different life.  The point being they were not underfed, sad, miserable.  They were happy children living in a way that children here could not.

There are no rules how people live.  Everyone everywhere is different.  Today's quote, "The rules are there are none - create your own."  Why not?  There is only one you.  You are like no one else so why should you live your life like someone else?  What applies to you does not necessarily apply to someone else.  How you get to where you are going is not the same way as another.  It is like comparing yourself to someone else.  It can't be done so why try. 

Why is that so natural?  This person has that so why can't I have it too?  But whatever that person did to get what they have went about it a different way.  A way that suits them.  Whatever it is you want - you will find a way.  A way that suits you.  I'm not talking about stepping on toes and clawing your way and knocking everyone over.  No.  How you get where you want to and what you want is entirely up to you. 

Create your own life in every aspect.  Be unique, be creative, be yourself because you are you.  You are no one else.  Create the rules, break the rules and remember - they are your rules!  Have a wonderful Monday everyone!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment